Monday 7 January 2013

Over A Hot Cup Of Coffee

I sit here with a mug of coffee in my hand, digging my freezing toes deep in the blanket to make them warm. As I listen to the mysterious sound of winter wind at this hour of the night; there are some strange thoughts running in my mind. Concentrating on the steam of my coffee dissolving in the cold air, I realized how the wheel of time once again completed its number of revolutions and yet another year came to an end. 2012, ended. The year, which was prophesied to bring massive changes to the entire world. About the world, I'm not sure; but for me, 2012 indeed has been a year of massive destruction. Some insane blunders and terrible mistakes. Some intentional ruins and some unanticipated consequences. Some unnecessary revelations and some needed revivals.
You know, when you earnestly ask them, who are sitting above the seven skies, to answer you a question that you are so depending upon; they ultimately respond. I wanted to know where this story would end, and I got my answer. Not only did I get my answer, I also learned to move on. I realized, that sometimes letting go and moving on is the best cure against all those shadows that keep hovering over you.
Its 7th of January, 2013; and the story has concluded. So this is how the story was supposed to end. A good ending, I suppose. No remorse, no blames, even no pain. Because this is what I had asked for. I rather feel sick thinking how disgusting certain people are. Neither do I regret anything, because I did no wrong. I hadn't lied, I hadn't played, I hadn't rushed. I had believed, and believing is no wrong. And surprisingly, I'm doing so much better. So much better than I had thought. I am feeling normal, which I had not felt for a long time. My life couldn't be more good than it is right now. I feel peaceful. I have my people around, my family, my good old friends. I couldn't feel more normal.
The past year was awful in every possible way. It turned me into somebody I was sure I'd never be. It made me somebody I never wanted to be.
Now, If you really ask me, deep down, I know that New Year does not mean life-would-change-and-things-will-fall-back-to-normal; but I still make myself believe that New Year calls for a new start; hence, here I am, thankful to them who are the owners of this universe for showing me my way just at the right time. The story that wasn't meant to be has ended, and new year has just began; what could be a better time than this for a new and a better start? Now is the time, to start collecting pieces of myself that I had let go for a cause that wasn't even there. Now is the time, to get back to be myself.
A little break, some all-time-favorite movies, a happy time with my family and some healthy laughter with good old friends is all I need to prepare myself. I'm not looking forward to make no mistakes, I'm looking forward to make better memories.
And wait, I just realized I wasted my coffee in writing this reflection without ever taking a single sip! I hate cold coffee! Damn. Is this how you head towards a positive start? With a cold coffee? No. Something always has to go wrong. Story of my life.

5 comments:

  1. this is your BEST post on this blog :) and i know your future posts will be much more better.. as in positive and happy :) good to know that you have made peace with your past :) keep writing my favourite writer ;) <3 love u <3

    P.S. have a VERY happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) All I Wana Say I I Hear You !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both; thank you for all the motivation! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a nice one. :)

    Oh you don't like cold coffee? :O
    I love it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nuha! I'm glad you liked it. :) Lol, Nah, cold coffee is tasteless. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for honoring my words with your time. :)